Quote of the Day...

The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it. - Lou Holtz

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Locked out!

I know there have been many rumors circulating about the absence of the "Sports Wise Guy" over the past couple months. Some tabloids reported that I was abducted by aliens. TMZ reported that I had gone to Tibet to seek the meaning of life from the Dalai Lama after the Mavs beat the Lakers. (That thought did cross my mind.) Truth be told, I was locked out. Yes, locked out.

No, I'm not talking about back in the day when your college buddies visited and "guy night" lasted three hours longer than what you told your wife, or when you locked your keys inside your car. That would have been easier.

I'm talking about the type of lockout that seems to be the new rage in professional sports. Just like in the NFL, I too am coming off a very successful year with thousands of hits from people in 20 different countries, or maybe it's just one guy who hits my blog a few hundred times a week as he travels the world. Either way, I am happy to announce to all of you, or just you, that I am back. Yes! Just in time for the start of the football season. I won't bore you with the details of my lockout, but I believe this was the last hurdle for the NFL, and expect them to follow suit in the next few days. The NBA will not be far behind. The NBA realizes that once football starts, no one would really care if we have the NBA season.

I feel like the shackles are off and now I'm ready to rumble!

"Wise Guy"

No comments:

Post a Comment